Sunday 15 July 2012

6 weeks til the race now time to clean the slate!!

Well if you were following Face Book last night you probably know that I took part in a pub crawl. This was the third annual Okotoks moms pub crawl. The last 2 years the event was a crazy night so I knew this one would be no different.
I was hesisdent about this night out since I knew the drinks would be flowing and I knew that with my training this may not be a good thing...

BUT...Jen (my coach) ended up being on the crawl and well I just followed her lead ;-) YIKES!!! So yes there were many many drinks........a few too many,.....it was a lot of fun but yup I am feeliing not to great today.....
The good thing is this week is a light week of training leading up to camp this weekend so hopefully my body will be good and recovered come Thursday when I head out to Penttction for camp.

With that said Jen has also told me that we are now 6 weeks out for the race...so not only will training change over the coming weeks...I will start tapering in about 2 weeks...but with that I need to make changes to my diet..

So starting tomorrow.......there will be NO refined sugar leading to Ironman.....NO alcohol (that should not be a problem after last night) and NO caffeine.

So it is time to get the systems in top shape leading up to the race.
Now I do have a bit of a sugar addiction.  I do eat healthy.....but I do like a little treat each day...so this will be a challenge for me..

But for 6 weeks and to get myself in top shape I will do it!!

This weeks plan is:

Monday- Swim 1500m
Tuesday- spin 1 hour run 30 min Wednesday- bike 30km Thursday- travel to pentction Friday- Sunday- training camp

No comments:

Post a Comment