Saturday 5 November 2011

Back in the Pool....

Well I finally did it.....3 months after my last race I finally got back in the POOL!
Like I mentioned before my "formal" training does not start until January...but I still need to maintain my levels of fitness up to then.
Jen "my coach" told me not to worry to much about "training" right now since I do have a higher level of fitness.
For me though it is mental. I know if I wait till January to get back in the pool those workouts will be that much more challenging. So for now my goal is to get in the pool once a week.
So yesterday I did just that....of course my plan to get to the pool for an hour did not quite work out! Getting two kids into the Rec centre and into the child care room took more time then I anticipated.
So by the time I did that I got ready I had 30 mins to swim...
My plan was to jump in and just swim 1000 metres and check where I was at. So I swam 1000 metres with a few breaks :-) It took me 26 mins.....so I was okay with that.
Of course all I could think about is HOW am I going to go this for over 4000 metres without going crazy?? I guess only time will tell....

I am also feeling it in my arms today.....it is funny how I can do TRX 3 days a week and I go and swim 1000 metres for 26 mins and I can feel that even more! Just shows why we need to cross train and challenge our bodies in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment