Sunday 13 May 2012

Training Camp here I come.....

Well it feels like I am prepping for the actual race where that is still 3.5 months away!!

This weekend will we be driving up to Pentiction for a 3 day Ironman Training camp...

Why do I shutter in fear when I say that?? Maybe the fact that we will be doing most if not all of the entire Ironman course during the weekend! OMG!!

So today I went out and did a 90km bike ride.....first half was kinda hellish since we were riding into a head wind....second half though I got my "mojo" and felt great! As we finish off Amber (my riding buddy) says "and think that is only half way!!!"......yup 90km is only half of the crazy distance I need to do for this race!

Next weekend will be hard I know it...but I have been told that it is doable at camp....so I am hoping everyone is right!! If not I will just be found on the side of the road in Pentiction once again rocking in the fetal position until someone stops to get me...

So this week I am taking my volume down until Camp...

Monday- 2 hour computrain
Tuesday- TRX/30 mins run
Wednesday- 1500 m swim
Thursday- travel day

Camp:
Friday- Bike 120-140km of course.
Saturday- Run 2-3 hours of course then open water swim for 2 hours
Sunday- ride all or as much as we can off 180km course....."gulp"...

Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment