Sunday 6 May 2012

What does not kill you makes you stronger...



Yup this is my motto when I putting my classes through a gruelling TRX workout...I usually yell this out as they are ending there last set and about to die...

Well this week I muttered this saying over and over in my head!!  My weekends now consist of a longer ride and run which is now becoming a bit of a mental game.....where I am okay heading out for 1-2 hours...but now my workouts are 3-4- even 5 hours....I find this more and more of a mental challenge...where I need a lot of self talk to keep going!!

Tuesday was a day I was suppose to have a "shorter"....60 min run...but kinda last minute I needed to cover for our half martahon group so I went and ran with them....and the weather was well....a DOWN POUR....not a little sprinkle....so after this 2 hour run I was drenched from head to toe...and freezing.....not the enjoyable run of my life.

Then there was Saturday......yes it SNOWED....and not just snowed it snowed sideways!! So after my 1.5 hour indoor bike I got my runners on and I headed out...I thought heck just a little snow. Well snow with high winds...equals a VERY unpleasant run!!

Thank goodness for the sun today and my 70 km bike ride was wonderful and just what I needed to head into a new week!

Plan for the week:

Monday- TRX/ 1 hour spin
Tuesday- TRX/20 km run
Wednesday- 3000 m swim
Thursday- 50 min run/ 2 hour computrain
Friday- interval class
Saturday- rest
Sunday- 80 km bike outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment