Sunday 29 April 2012

Outdoor workouts are offically here...

I write this as I look outside and the grass is turning green and the smell of a fresh rain is in the air! Yes it is spring!  Not that we have had a bad winter...I actually can count on one hand the number of cold bad outdoor workouts I had this winter...and that is a bonus!
Also today was the Police Half Marathon in Calgary. This is a race I have done a few times...and NEVER in nice weather. And today I think this would be a record for how nice it was for that run.....part of me wished I did it....but if I signed up there most likely would have been a snow storm today!

As I did a long run outside today in shorts and a t shirts I loved the feeling of the warmth and how the workouts feels so nice in this weather!
I know it can still snow.....I get that..but for now  I am going to enjoy this weather and the happiness it brings!!

So my workouts for this week are:

Monday- 3 hour indoor ride...followed by 15 min run
Tuesday- TRX/ Run Hills
Wednesday- swim 2000m drills
Thursday- Run 40 mins/2 hour computrain
Friday- rest
Saturday/Sunday- Outdoor ride (I hope) 70-80 km also a 2.5 hour run

No comments:

Post a Comment