Sunday 4 March 2012

5 hours of bike, run and other fun fun fun!!

Well I came off a good week again this week.
Did all my workouts and they felt great!

I added a new "coach" to my training team this week. Dan who works out of Natural High in Okotoks and leads the Computrain program and has a vast amount of knowledge on training as well as nutrtion is going to coach me on my nutrition for training and the race.
Such an important part of the race and  can be the make or break it for the big day so I need to get it right! So I am excited to work with him and learn so much I am sure!

Today I did my biggest training session yet! I went a group led by Coach Cal from Critical Speed in Calgary. He has been training athletes for more then 25 years...and is top notch coach in the triathlon community. About once a month he holds these 5 hour brick sessions..I heard about them from my friend Dan....who also is doing Iron man this year and is coached by Cal. So I thought what the heck..
All I knew going in it was 5 hours and we bike and we run!

So here is what it was...
We got on our bikes at 1pm....we do intervals like sprint, hills...etc...for anywhere form 10-20 minutes...then you get off your bike FAST then you run the track...to the stairs you run 4 flights...using tubing at the bottom for strength....then get to the mats and do pushups and crunches etc.,,.sometimes we did that lap up to 8-10x...
Then you get 3-5 min rest and you go again..and again and again...and the intervals get harder every time! and we do this until 6pm....5 hours! I was shocked how fast the time went and really how good I felt. It was was also a real good group of people who were really supportive.

My plan for this week:

Monday- Yell at TRX (rest for me) :-)
Tuesday- TRX and 50 min threshold run
Wednesday- 2000m swim
Thursday- Body Sculpt, 2 hour compuride
Friday- TRX,Time trail run
Saturday-Swim drills
Sunday- Run 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment