Sunday 26 February 2012

Tri it....ugh I have no self control!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Well came off another pretty good week....I am impressed I stayed  pretty close to on track with my workouts this week. With Brad being away I did miss my Friday workouts....I took an extra rest day. Saturday my goal was a 2:15 run.....I did do a long run but after 17.3km I had enough...it was pretty cold out....so I was happy with that....it took just under 2 hours...I had to stop a few times and fix layers etc...

This weekend I also made a visit to "Tri It" if you don't know what that is...it is the only Triathlon focused store in Calgary. and thank go it is wayyyy north!
But I went on Saturday and once again spent a ton of money!

But look what I got


I am so excited!!! It is a lap counter! The one thing that drives me crazy when I swim is I loose count! I am thinking about everything else and I forget what lap I am on.....so a lady in my bike class told me about this. You put it on your finger and click it after every lap! Genius!!!


Then I bought this

The big thing I am focusing on in my training is my nutrition. I saw MANY examples of athletes coming over the finish line last year where there were issues with what they did and did not eat! I do not want this to be one of my issues!
So I heard about this supplement called FLUID. It is a liquid Carb, protein, electrolyte mix...so I am giving it a go...plus they have a recovery drink as well.
The other  bar just looked yummy so I thought I would give it a try!


So my plan for this week:

Monday- Spin 1 hour
Tuesday- TRX/ Run Hills/ Possible 2 hour Computrain ride
Wednesday- Swim 2 km/ Step
Thursday- Cardio Class/swim drills
Friday- interval class/TRX
Saturday- Yoga
Sunday- 5 Hour BRICK! (3 hour ride/2 hour run) YIKES!!!!

I teach a lot this week...so I may have to take it down in some of the classes....that is me not my clients of course ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment