Sunday 25 March 2012

5 months until the big day!!

I looked at the calendar and 5 months tomorrow is IRONMAN!! OMG!
It feels like yesterday I stood in line and registered for this race...and now I only have 5 months until it is here!
Part of me is excited and part of me is scared....thinking OMG will I be ready??
My training now has been very manageable in my opinion....I have not felt burnt out or like I was ever doing "too much"....
Generally most days I feel pretty good...so I am hoping this is a good sign moving into the next 5 months....
I know in the coming months as the weather improves and I can head outside the workouts will become longer and harder....but I am ready!

5 months to Ironman....Bring it on!

My training last week went pretty good...I did take 2 rest days since my cold did settled into my chest and I knew I needed a bit more rest....but I got back at it today and felt good.

This week:

Monday- TRX/spin 1 hour
Tuesday-TRX/Threshold run 1 hr/Swim drills
Wednesday- MAP run/teach step
Thursday- Teach BS and Cardio/Compuride 2 hours
Friday- TRX
Saturday- rest
Sunday- run 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment