Saturday 15 October 2011

The battle of the cold and the cold won.......

Well it is that time of year...Cold and Flu season....YUCK!
We are generally a very healthy family...we don't get sick much...usually once sometimes twice a year.
October seems to be the month we tend to get something and this year it was a NASTY cold!

It started with Jade 2 weeks ago it progressed from a runny nose into a full blow hacking cough that kept her up for 3 straight nights....along with her parents. So knowing as a  mom as I am getting hacked on and snotted on my chances were not looking good. So I up my vitamins and drank my Oil or Oregano.......but as much as I did not want it I got it....
Again when I get a cold I can usually fight it off pretty quick...so the first day I thought okay I can handle this....took my Oil of Oregano and went on with my day....
BUT that night it was a whole different story...it started in the evening as I was training my last client I got the chills..felt nauseous and my throat was KILLING me...
I headed home and then realized I had a 6 am class the next day.......So the dilemma do I get up suck it up and sweat it out...or stay in bed??
I chose the later I called a sub and was so happy when she said she could do it!
Good choice since that was night one of a all night cough fest between me and Jade!

The next few days I just did not feel any better. I continued to teach my classes but my energy level was really low and just felt like CRAP!
So Friday I did not have to teach but I wanted to fit in my own workout a SPIN class!
I thought I will sweat this out if it kills me!! Well unfortunately or fortunately the night before Zach my youngest got the cold and was up most of the night......so my idea of spin class did not work out!
In hind sight this was probably for the best since I took the day and rested and took care of myself and the kids.
I have never had a cold hold on this long and even as I type I am still coughing!! I have always said it is just a cold and we can just sweat it out. I think the big difference with me was having me and my kids sick and the lack of sleep was a BAD combination...and nothing but rest was going to beat this one!
This COLD beat the crap out of me and made me sit on my ass and recover.....which is what I should have done earlier in the week ;-)

So lets hope this is our first and last cold of the season and we can now move on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment