Sunday 8 January 2012

First week done!

Well the first week of the first year is done...and well I feel every ounce of it!
This was the first week I did all my training workouts...so that was 6 training sessions plus I taught 6 classes........all I can say is OUCH!
I learned a lesson this week....I cant do that....over 12 hours in week one was too much!

So I am not juggling a full time job while training for an Ironman I am juggling being a fitness instructor while training for Ironman...
My issue is I am not the type of instructor who can just sit on the side lines and YELL...don't get me wrong I love to YELL....but I also like to participate and yell at the same time :-)

So what I need to focus on now is how I can still be a good instructor but not overdo my body at the same time....so less doing and more yelling ;-)

So as the next 5 months move on my training volume will increase and I know my body will adjust. I need to adjust my teaching style as well and this will also be a learning process for me....Where I do want to still use my muscle conditioning classes as my strength workouts for my training as well...so it is just finding that balance!

I am excited for the months that lie ahead and the challenges I know I will overcome....

No comments:

Post a Comment