Sunday 1 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well it is the first day of 2012....for many people this is the beginning of new goals and challenges....or time to make a change in their lives...
For me it is the year I conquer the biggest challenge and goal I have ever set and that is Iron Man 2012.
My plan for the fall was to maintain my fitness level and not loose any of my endurance and strength. I am happy that I achieved this goal by maintaining weekly workouts that were not too intense but enough to keep my fitness level up.
Now that is it January 1 my training jumps to a new level and the plan for training for Iron Man 2012 has begun!
Now my official training program from my awesome coach Jen will not start for a few weeks....she wants me to wait until I get back from my trip from Belieze mid January....
I have wrote out a plan for this first month that strats to build my endurance for this first phase of my training program.

My biggest challenge for these first couple of months of training will be the run...I HATE running when it is cold! I also do not have a treadmill so my options are limited.
So this will be an ongoing struggle if the weather turns cold again.

So I will start to blog more frequent as my training gets underway..I am sure you will see posts of my successes as well as my struggles...and I hope this blog helps encourage me as well as some of you that regardless of your goal, big or small anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

I saw this great picture on facebook a while back and it really hit home to how I feel when I do a race or even a long run and I wanted to share


I hope everyone had a wonderful start to your New Year....and reach for your goals and know ANYTHING is possible!!

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture and the saying.

    Do you have a track in Okotoks? That's what I've always used as a backup. We just bought a treadmill though, and I think it's totally worth the investment. Fitness equipment is all on sale right now...

    ReplyDelete