Tuesday 24 January 2012

No more Rum.....now I have to run!!

Well here we have it 2 days post Belieze!!
What a great week it was. As I posted before I left I overtrained a little bit and was feeling the effects in my back.....a week off in the sun was just what I needed.
I took the week off and enjoyed it with my best bud Tammy from Houston and 30 of her closest friends to celebrate her 40th Birthday....and celebrate we did!!
So instead of swimming 2000 metres I snorkeled for about 30 mins then cooled off with some rum punch
Instead of biking for 3 hours I threw on a super hero costume and joined in a parade of 30 other super heroes on route to the bar for more rum punch.
Instead of running 20 km I relaxed by the pool and drank more rum punch.
Instead of drinking protein shakes.....I ATE a whole tin of PRINGLES!!

So yes I indulged a bit on my week off....BUT IT WAS SOOOOO WORTH IT!

Today being January 24th we have 7 months until Ironman....so no more rum punch....and no more pringles.....but that fantastic week was just what I needed to get me re focused and on track for the next 7 months.....

next time I am on a beach I will be in a full wet suit and ready to swim 4 km in a cold lake.......so I will keep this memory as long as I can :-)

1 comment:

  1. I do consider all of the ideas you've presented to your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very quick for starters. Could you please prolong them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.
    Honda ATC200 ATC 200 1984-1985 O-Ring Chain - Blue

    ReplyDelete