Friday 24 February 2012

Missing Workouts....

Well this is more of a confession...
I skipped my interval run tonight....the same one I skipped last week!

Coach Jen gave me a plan for the next 28 weeks which gives me specific workouts to do each week..
In a nut shell it consists of 3 runs, 2 bikes and 2 swims.....those stay consistent but the duration and intensity changes.

The last 2 weeks my third run has been a short (30 mins) high intensity interval run and for the 2nd week in a row I have not done it....but I have done the other 6 workouts!!

My issue with the runs is this.....I do not like to run at night in the dark and cold....and two I do not have a treadmill! So that leaves me with daytime running....so then I have to find childcare...not always easy especially for just a 30 min run!

My plan tonight since Brad is away was to hit the track. Since it is only 30 mins I thought heck the kids can come. So I packed them up after supper and we headed down...We got there and there is an Oilers Game so track is closed!
So we came home!!

I know it is only one 30 min run but it is crazy the guilt I feel!
I met with Jen this week and the biggest piece of advice she gave me was don't stress if you miss a workout and don't try to make it up......that is how you get injured.
So these words are in my head but I still feel bad.....but I know I need to get up tomorrow in the SNOW and run for 2 hours and 15 mins and then the guilt of missing this run will be GONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment