Sunday 22 April 2012

I miss those good old one hour workouts....


So this morning my alarm went off at 5:15am and I dragged my butt out of bed, threw on my workout clothes grabbed a banana and headed out the door.

Today I met a fellow Ironman trainee for a 3 hour brick session..which ended up being about 3:20 once we finished...

Shannon who I met, teaches spin and Computrain at Natural High and when I can I go to her classes. I love how she teaches like you ride on the road. So when this week she asked if I wanted to meet her for 3 hour brick on Sunday morning....I said yes....

As much as it would have been nice to get outside on my bike today...this session was great....we did 3- 45 min pushes on the computrainer combined with 3-20 min outside run intervals..

I would have never done that on my own...and to be home and done by 9:30am was perfect for today!

The thought did cross my mind today...I remember last year or even 6 months ago when I did an hour workout about 5 days a week....and that was great for my fitness....and I thought sometimes that was hard to fit in!

Now what I would not give for a 1 hour workout!! Now my workouts are from 2-4 hours.....sometimes split between the day...

Of course I know Ironman will take me anywhere from 15-17 hours to complete...so 2-4 hours is really a drop in the bucket...and I know these workouts will just get longer and longer.......

As much as I am exhausted as I write this today...I still am enjoying every minute of this training and cant wait as the next 4 months unfolds...

So the plan for this week:

Monday- Spin 1 hour with a 1 hour run
Tuesday- TRX/Threshold run 1 hour/swim drills
Wednesday- 2.5 km swim
Thursday- Body Sculpt/computrain
FRiday- rest :-)
Saturday- 3 hour outdoor bike ride
Sunday- 2 hour run

No comments:

Post a Comment