Sunday 15 April 2012

Well I guess all this training is paying off.....

Well I mentioned in my last post that I got to get out on the road when I was on the island and get some miles on my bike.....It was like night and day from last year. I remember clear as day getting on my bike for the first time last year for that first outdoor ride....I remember after like 20 km my knee hurt my butt hurt and all I wanted was it to be OVER.
This time I have 3 months of indoor riding under my belt....I went out side and rode 50 km for my first ride and I felt fantastic I felt strong and really like I could have rode forever!
Now I just need the Alberta weather to cooperate so I can head back on the road again ;-)

As for my run.....so in my first block of training my coach Jen had me do a time trial. It is 2500m....I did it in just under 14 mins...I knew it was slow (I used the excuse that there was a lot of walkers on the track).
So I did the time trial again this weekend.....and well my time was 11:47!!
So huge improvement there!
Now the downfall of this improvement....is what this time trial does is determine the pace I need to be running my certain training runs at..
I was getting quite comfortable running my long runs at a 6:20 min/km.  Now with my improved times my base endurance runs are now 5:41!! YIKES!!!  This will be a big step out of my comfort zone foresure....

The countdown to Ironman training camp is 5 weeks and counting! So with me doing the whole Ironman distances at this camp it is now time to ramp up the volume of training again...so again I was comfortable where I was at (a true sign things need to change)....and now things will change...

So for this week...I have not got the official change to my schedule so I have a feeling this may change a bit..
But for now....

Monday- TRX/Outdoor ride (I hope) 1 hour....teach Spin 1 hour
Tuesday- Interval run
Wednesday- Swim 2km/step
Thursday- Body Scuplt class/Compuride 2 hours
Friday- Swim drills/Run threshold 60 mins
Saturday- off
Sunday- 3 hour Brick session (run/bike)

No comments:

Post a Comment