Sunday 4 September 2011

Having a supportive Husband is KEY!!

Well I thought it was fitting I do a post on my husband on our anniversary. Today is my husband and I's 6th wedding anniversary! When I met my husband 8 years ago I was training for my first Half ironman. That first summer I was fully involved in training while we were dating.....so we can say he knew from the start what he was getting into.
I did take a break from Tri's while I was having kids so for about 3 years......so that was a bit of a break for my hubby ;-).
My husband knew my Ironman goal and now with that goal upon us he is ready! He is such an amazing man he knows I need to spend time training on the weekends and evenings but he does not miss a step....he steps in and takes the kids out on adventures or whatever is planned that day.
I think for any mom who takes part in any sport where they take time away for periods of time for training a supportive husband is key! I am so lucky I have that support and I know that even though I will be spending endless hours training over the next year....my husband will be there every step of the way and especially he will be at the finish line cheering louder then anyone there!




2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with everything you wrote. If you have kids, you can't do this without a supportive spouse. Even without kids, having a partner that supports you makes a huge difference.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!! My husband and I don't have kids but we run a busy company together and our life is packed full! It helps that he shares a love for cycling but there is no chance he will be doing laps or hanging out for a 20k run anytime soon:) I wouldn't have made it to the start line of my first half IM this year without my supportive hubby behind me every step ~ I owe a lot to him and I find it amazing how selfless he is when it comes to this pretty selfish sport of triathlon:)

    ReplyDelete