Wednesday 7 September 2011

Looking at 2011 results....and wondering....

Today I got sent the link to complete my official registration for Ironman....so all the basic info like address phone number and t-shirt size etc.....My thoughts are they should be asking me if I would like to donate my organs if I die right there on the finish line....maybe the name of my doctor to have on speed dial.....just some thoughts I had ;-)

So after doing this I went and took a peek at the results for 2011 race. Well I found them quite interesting so I thought I would share:

2832 athletes and pros started the race (interesting since 3200 registered)
232 DNF (did not finish) there are time cut offs for each portion of the race these are 2 hours and 20 mins for the swim, 9 hours for the bike and then 6.5 for the run. But if they finish a leg faster then the cut off it gives them more time for the next leg etc....

The overall fastest time for the whole race was 8:28 (This was a Pro Jordan Wrapp)
The slowest time was 16:58 (the cut off is 17 hours!)

Fastest swim 50:18
slowest swim 2:18

Fastest Bike 4:38
Slowest Bike 8:52

Fastest Run 2:53
Slowest Run 8:47

I was quite shocked at the range in times and you can see the range of levels etc when you look at the times....
With a year out my number one goal is to FINISH!!! So obviously I want to do it less then 17 hours...right now my goal is to do it less then 16 hours so to finish before 11pm!

For each discipline I am not too sure of my time goals yet but i am sure as I get closer I will set goals for these as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment