Thursday 8 September 2011

TRX....my LOVE...HATE Realtionship!!

So along with training for Ironman I am also a group fitness instructor at a studio I own called C&C Fitness. Currently in the off season I teach 5-6 classes a week. Two of these are TRX. For those who don't know TRX is total body suspension training.
This is a pic below


TRX is an AWESOME workout if you have not done it. It works every muscle in your body and focuses alot on core and stability muscles. Which is so good for all athletes. One of the things I tell all runners and triathletes I train is you MUST cross train. Athletes get stuck in I MUST run or I MUST just BIKE and SWIM. You need to cross train to help train your muscles and help them adapt to various situations etc....

During the off season I do 3-5 days of cross training...mostly the classes I teach. TRX, HIIT, Step etc...In the season I still cross train but will bring it down to only 1 TRX session per week.

Now why the LOVE HATE relationship?? Well for one it has been 2 months since I have done a total TRX workout....So this week I did 2 plus a HIIT class and Step....and we can say I am walking like I am about 100 years old!! I am feeling EVERY muscle in my body! BUT.....I love that TRX does that and I know I will see results....the one thing I notice when I am in peak training is I loose a lot of upper body strength. So with the TRX I will get this back and I will get it back FAST!.

So as much as I HATE feeling this sore I LOVE how my body will change and get stronger and will be even more prepared come January when the heavy training begins!



No comments:

Post a Comment