Saturday 10 September 2011

Ode to my 30's................

Well yesterday was my birthday...I would like to say I turned 29 but that is not the case!
Yes this is my last year of my thirties...
Back when I turned 30 my life was quite different...I was single...working downtown Calgary at a large Non Profit Organization. I partied quite a lot and just enjoyed hanging out with my friends.
The year I turned 30 fitness was not as much of a priority in my life. I think it was a time where I was trying to figure out what I wanted and well yup I can say it "The bar scene at that time was it"....and working out with a hang over was not great fun! I think that year I was probably the heaviest and mostly likely the unhealthiest I have been.....
Then I hit 31.....I met someone who was really into cycling at the time and he got me back into it. I got into Mountain Biking and also I bought my first Road Bike. I also started training that year for my first half marathon. This was a bit of a turning point for me in my fitness life...

The summer when I was 31 I thought what the heck lets do a Marathon and a Half Ironman in the same summer!! So I strated to train and get back into what I knew I loved! It was a great spring and summer training...and I lost a lot of weight and was FIT! In the Spring of that year I met Brad my now husband...and well he took a bit of a back burner that summer since I was so involved in trainin.  I did the Great White North Half Ironman in July then The Victoria Marathon in October..It was after that race I said "I will do an Ironman one day...and that day will be Aug 2012 when I turn 40"!

After that well.......from the age of 31-36.. well I got married...and had 2 kids.....and in that time I once again did not do one single Triathlon!!
At the age of 37 so 2 years ago once again I thought okay lets get back into this and once again I restarted my training..in the past 2 years I have done 4 sprint/Olympic Tris', the Ride to Conquer Cancer, about 4 half marathons and the 70.3 Half Ironman this past July.

So my thirties started off as a single gal who was unsure what her future may hold....but they are ending as a proud mom and wife and soon to be Ironwomen! That to me is the best way to end a decade!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I think every decade gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete