Thursday 15 September 2011

Multitasking.......when enough is enough....

So I am a mom of two young kids who all those who have kids know that is a FULL TIME job in itself!

I have always had the personality that I am not the type of person who can sit around and sit still. I can thank my dad for this lovely trait. I am envious of those who I hear who love to sit and read a book and relax....I have never been able to do that...not sure if it is just my genetic makeup but for me I am at my most happy place when I have many things going on at once! When I do relax it is usually at 10pm at night as I sit in front of some trashy TV show!

Currently I am raising my kids, I own a local business, plus I teach courses usually one weekend every month! Now on top of this I train!!

People tend to ask me all the time "How do you do all that you do"......I have sat back many times I thought about how....and really I think for one I am an A type personality...which helps....I can delegate and multi task very well!

Prior to being a mom I was in upper management so I think many of those skills have filtered into this life as a mom as well......

Even though I am good at multi-tasking and I love to be busy I have had to learn over the past few years that I cannot do everything and when I need to let things go...

For me my family is very important and if I feel I am taking too much time away from them then I know something has to give.

For example last year I found on days I was not teaching or working I was cleaning my house....so my solution we got a cleaning lady!! Now those days I can spend times with my kids instead of cleaning.....ahhhhh this was a very good decision!

Another solution was a found child care for my children for 1.5 days a week...this way I had some time to do work and not have to put my kids in front of the TV etc..of course there are days I still need to do work from home but this has helped that I am not doing it as much as before.

Come January when my training starts to rev up and build over the next 8 months again I know I will need to prioritize my time again and this will become more and more challenging as the months move on.

I am so thankful every day to have an amazing supporting husband who is there every step of the way as well I have an amazing supporting business partner who is always there to pull me back when my life seems to be getting a little crazy!!

I thrive when I am busy and running full steam ahead but I still envy those who can take a stroll and smell the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment