Saturday 3 September 2011

My first Post!

Well here it is my first BLOG!

I just returned from holidays with my family and on this vacation I was at Ironman where I had the best time volunteering with my friend Kim Haddad!
It was so inspiring to see this amazing athletes accomplish such an amazing goal.
I volunteered at the finish line where I was able to meet so many athletes...some who came over the finish line and looked like they could do the race all over again. Then there were some who held onto us like they used every last drop of energy to get over that finish line and then they were done! Our job was to help them get whatever they needed once they crossed that line....for some it was nothing for others it was just an ear to listen as the emotion of finishing the race overcame them, and for others it was a can of Pepsi and a slice of pizza! Whatever it was we were the volunteers who gave it to them and I was proud to do it!
Then the next day I woke up went down to the finish line where the night before was a buzz with athletes finishing this amazing race......on this morning it was a line of people not finishing a race but to sign up to do this race the following year.
I stood in this line for 2 hours and looked at that finish line and I visualized myself in one year crossing that line and accomplishing my ultimate life goal!
This blog for the next year is to document my journey......and I hope you all enjoy it and can also help me with the support I know I will need for this journey that  I am about to begin!

Candice

1 comment: