Tuesday 27 September 2011

2012 season is coming together...

So for the past month I cant say I have been doing any specific training. Right now what I am focusing on keeping my fitness status quo..so with that I continue to teach 5-7 classes a week and also attend a spin class.

Looking forward to 2012 I am excited that I have a COACH!! Jen LeBlanc has been coaching our C&C Tri club for the past 2 years. She is a trained Tri coach as well as an Ironman finisher! I was so happy when she said she would work with me to get me ready for Ironman!

This pic is of Jen and I last year after the Turner Valley Tri.....

So the first thing Jen tells me to do is send her a list of what races I want to do next year leading up to Ironman.....so I did.....then I get an email back and she changed them all!!

So first off she wants me to do The Police Half...I have done this race about 5 times and it is NOT my fave...for one I hate the time of year...and second it has a BRUTAL hill. I think she wants me to do it because she is a police officer ;-) But I am listening and I will do it.

She said I can keep the Calgary Marathon so that is good...I know this will help me prepare mentally for the running aspect of the race.

The other big change is not doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer. We are looking at doing a different ride that is in BC where the terrain will be closer to that of Ironman.

The last big change is I was planning a local half Ironman the Chinook. This race looks like it will not run....so.....I am doing The Great White North Half Ironman in Edmonton. I have mixed feeling about this race. I have done it before in 2004...and well I did not train that well and I felt so bad during and after that race. So I said I would never do this race again. The timing for this race is perfect for leading to Ironman so I am doing it. Now I need to prove to myself I can do better in it then I did before...
I am excited this time that I have a friend who is doing it as well. Amber Arnold! So we can train with each other with will be GREAT!

This is a pic of me doing the Great White North in 2004......my time was 7:20 (10 mins slower then my 70.3 time this year and 70.3 was longer).

So things are coming together and I hope in the next month to start getting a training plan in place and get this party started!






1 comment:

  1. Chinook's not running next year? Darn. I was hoping to do the Oly distance at it. Do you know if that's a definite, or still up in the air?

    I find choosing races a challenge. There's some I want to do for their own sake, but once you choose an "a" race, you really have to base your other races off of that.

    ReplyDelete